Macrogen is a global leading company in DNA sequencing, genome analysis, and bio-chips, working closely with over 18,000researchers in 153 countries. It has several branch offices and sequencing facilities in the South Korea, Netherlands, U.S., Japan, Spain, Australia and Singapore.
We, Macrogen Europe B.V., are a branch office located in Amsterdam and provide DNA sequencing services in Europe. Committed to quality service and scientific excellence, we have achieved rapid growth and industry recognition by working in partnership with diverse healthcare, educational and research institutions around the globe to realize the unlimited potential of the evolving world of genomics. For the rapidly and dynamically developing Europe market, we are looking for a talented NGS (Next Generation Sequencing) Lab Technician in the Amsterdam laboratory.
Position: NGS (Next Generation Sequencing) Lab Technician (Full Time)
· Sample receiving and registration in the LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System)
· Responsible for hands-on NGS (Next Generation Sequencing) experiments including micro-pipetting, gel electrophoresis, PCR amplification, library preparation and sequencing etc.
· Working closely with the team to implement the course of experiments
· Drafting and updating SOPs and ISO documents
· Preparing the solution and reagents according to SOPs and LIMS
· Maintaining stock, lab instrument, and resources to support laboratory activities
· Other responsibilities, as required, to fulfill the streamlined operation of the laboratory
· Bachelor(HBO), Master or Ph.D. in Life Science (Molecular Biology, Biotechnology) or relevant field is a must
· Hands-on NGS laboratory skills such as library preparation and sequencing is required
· Experience in LIMS is advantage
· Able to perform well in a limited-resource setting and quickly adopt new experimental protocols
· Result oriented and an excellent team player and requires high-level prioritizing skills.
· Experience working in a multi-national team environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Please make sure to send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a heading[NGS lab technician]. We only accept your application through email